Search This Blog

Thursday 29 September 2016

Why YSA-UL Safer Roads Safer India grant?




   When I look at the world around me, I see that there are many reasons as to why today's roads are not the best route to take to your destination.

   I noticed that out of a 10 people waiting to cross a road, hardly 1 of them see to it that the kid standing next to him crosses the road safely.

   I noticed that out of the 100 motorists passing by my street, hardly 10 of them slow down to see that the children playing there, do not come in their way.

   Out of the 1000 vehicles moving on a road in an hour, hardly anyone slows down ahead of a zebra-crossing, hardly a few of them keep their lane or slow down. 40% of the people driving beyond 10 pm DRINK-and-DRIVE.

   Considering the fact, we were once the same children mentioned above and we will be one of the 10 people and 100 motorists, I want to take a step ahead in solving road safety issues wherever possible.

   The opportunity offered by YSA and UL has come as a great start up for my cause and I keenly look forward to make best use of this opportunity.

   

It is not that "Road Safety" doesn't exist in India, it is just that it is not adequate enough today.